Social media has been a game-changer for shaping the lives of many people. As technology advances, new tricks and turns are discovered. One such social media platform that gained immense audience within the first few years of its launch is Instagram. There are about 1 billion active users on this social media platform and is growing continuously. Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger were the first two creators of Instagram. However, the platform was later bought by Facebook and is currently owned by it. Now there are two types of audiences on Instagram. Followers and creators.
Followers are those who support their favorite artists, creators in whatsoever way and creators have the responsibility of keeping up with the daily trends for their fans. Now those creators or artists, who are verified by Instagram have a little blue tick in front of them to distinguish themselves from the fake accounts. All of these verified accounts with large numbers of the following list are paid by Instagram for a post that they make. You must be wondering they make a lot of money just by the platform, yes in fact they do!
Let us look further and find out the Instagram accounts with huge followers and everything else there is:
#1: Cristiano Ronaldo:
- Who has not heard about him? The best soccer player to have ever existed in the past, present, and future. The Portugal player sure has a hug following list behind him.
- He became the most followed account on Instagram after taking over Selena Gomez with a clean and sweeping 240 million followers by his side as of now.
- The username by which he goes is @cristiano.
- Cristiano Ronaldo also became the first person to hit the 200 million mark on Instagram.
- Ronaldo has been earning pretty good from endorsements that he is signed off for. On the soccer field, the player earns the base salary of 64 million USD and the endorsed products bring him a huge amount of 48.4 million USD with one advertised post being equal to 975,000 USD. And that is quite a bank load.
#2: Ariana Grande:
- Ariana Grande is an American songwriter, singer, and an actress, she started her early career in acting and later on turned to sing.
- Many of us may know her from the Disney channel where she starred as Kat in a show named victorious.
- Since then Grande has gained a massive crowd and boasts of 204 million followers on Instagram.
- The username for her would be @arianagrande.
- She is also amongst the top three people to be the highest-earning Instagram, influencer and earns 966,000 USD per post that she advertises.
#3: Dwayne Johnson:
- Also known as the rock, Dwayne Johnson is an American – Canadian actor, businessman, and also a former wrestler. He also played football for America and Canada for a brief time period.
- Dwayne Johnson crossed became the first American man to cross the 200 million mark on Instagram and has around 201 million followers. That is quite a big number.
- He goes by the username @therock.
- The rock makes quite the money by endorsements. He dethroned Kylie Jenner and became the highest-paid celebrity and currently stands at the second position by making 986,000 USD.
#4: Kylie Jenner:
- who hasn’t heard about Kylie Jenner? The media personality rose to fame by the E! Reality T.V show keeping up with the Kardashians.
- But the major breakthrough for Jenner was launching her makeup line at the age of 17 Kylie cosmetics.
- She became the first female American self-made billionaire and has a net worth of 900 million USD.
- Talking about her Instagram she has a huge fan following with 198 million followers to support her.
- The username for kylie is @kyliejenner.
- Kylie Jenner is paid around anywhere near $1.2 million per post that she makes. This made her the highest-paid influencer in 2019.
#5: Selena Gomez:
- Once holding the record for the highest number of followers on Instagram she fell to the fifth position quickly.
- She is an American singer, actress, and producer, where she first began her career by appearing in a kid’s television show Barney and friends.
- Gomez had a tough life and underwent a kidney transplant. With 196 million Instagram fans by her side, she won the battle.
- Username for her would be @selenagomez.
- Her earnings per post are around 800,000 USD which is good enough for the star and has said she loves her fans the most.
#6: Kim Kardashian West:
- This one controversially came into the limelight. She rose to fame as Paris Hilton’s stylist and friend but later on got caught into the controversy of a sex tape.
- She is married to Kanye West and has her line of beauty products lined up as KKW beauty.
- She has a total of 190 million followers on Instagram and is clocked at a total net worth of 900 million USD.
- Username is @kimkardashian.
- Kim Kardashian west charges anywhere around 300,000 USD to 500,00 USD for a brand endorsement.
- Her manager recently agreed that she signed a deal for 6 million USD to endorse customer wearable goods.
#7: Lionel Messi:
- Another over the top soccer player hailing from Argentina has made the world his fan by producing a worthy game to be watched.
- He plays forward captain for both Spanish, Barcelona, and the Argentina national team.
- He has millions of supporters on Instagram, around 167 million, and is growing ever since.
- He goes by the username @leomessi.
- The 32-year-old soccer player charges around 746,000 USD per Instagram post earning a total of 30.4 million USD in the last year.
- Beyonce is an American musician and currently works as a spokesperson for renowned companies like Pepsi and loreal. Parkwood entertainment is currently owned by Beyonce.
- Queen bey, that’s what her fans call her, has been an avid social media personality and works hard day and night. Quality music and a kind attitude have earned her 155 million followers on Instagram.
- You can look her up on Instagram under the username @beyonce.
- If you think that Beyonce is one of the people who will let the money slide out from the promotions. You are highly mistaken. A natural shoutout from the queen herself comes for a high price of 785,000 USD per post.
#9: Justin Bieber:
- Justin drew Bieber is a Canadian songwriter and singer. His amazing voice was discovered at the age of 13 by scooter Braun after he saw his youtube song covers. Justin Bieber has been rising ever since.
- He has a massive crowd on Instagram totaling up to 149 million. That is a huge number of audiences.
- Follow him on Instagram @justinbieber.
- The net worth for the singer is reported to 265 million USD where the money is coming in hot from his record label and albums.
- Moreover, he makes an extra income and a good one from Instagram
- Justin Beiber has tied with Neymar Jr, the Brazilian football player in making 722, 000 USD per Instagram post.
#10: National Geographic:
- Breaking into the list of most-followed accounts on Instagram which includes, actors and musicians, we have national geographic.
- National Geographic is a magazine and an American pay television network. The nation’s geographic channel is handled by the operational team of Walt Disney.
- The account for national geographic has a wide fan following of 145 million. Looks like a few people are still interested in knowing what is going around the world.
- The account is named under @natgeo with its various extensions including natgeoindia and natgeotravel.
- If you want to get your pictures posted on National geographic just take part in any of the contests that are brought to you by NatGeo and use their official hashtags to gain their attention.
Being followed by millions of people Instagram might be a dream for many people but is not an easy job. You have to say goodbye to your private life, hire a good lawyer, and hope that you are not caught in the middle of a controversy.
However, these were our top 10 picks for the most followed accounts on Instagram.