Luxury cars are the manifestation of the hardest work done by a human ever. A luxury car is not just about the bling and the clours, it is the specialties that make it different from others. Who does not get excited after seeing an expensive car? The moment you see one speeding by your side your heart skips a beat. Some people are mad about cars and some want basic knowledge about the trends. While some have no clue and connection to the world of lux. For everybody, we bring our rankings for the 10 topmost expensive cars that ever existed.
In 1958 when ford released Thunderbird as a two-seat layout who would have thought that the era of luxury and expensive cars were just around the corner. Some people may mock the high pricing of these cars but one thing you can surely say, Everyone, dreams of having one some or the other day. We all do!
Let us begin. Shall we?
#1: 1963 Ferrari 250 GT0:
Topping our list for the most expensive car we have this beauty manufactured by Ferrari in the years 1962-1964. This was the first car that had pricing off the charts. It is not without a reason that a car that came into existence in 1963 still holds the place for being the most expensive.
- The sole purpose of manufacturing 250 GTO was to compete in the category racing cars where the rivals were Shelby cobra, Aston martin DP214 along with jaguar E-type.
- David McNeil bought the 250 GTO at $70 million(the 18962 version) when only 36 GTO’s were made. Famous personalities who own these cars include Ralph Lauren along with tech billionaire Craig McCaw.
- Vintage cars are highly-priced and this one surely is the pride of most of the millionaires and billionaires. A 250 GTo was recently auctioned at a swooping $52 million.
- The vintage was clocked at a high speed of 174 mph. How? 302 horsepower at 7,500 rpm and 246 pound-feet of torque at 5,500 rpm made it go to 6omph from a standing start in just barely 5.4 seconds and a total of 174 in 13.1seconds. And that for us is fast!
- The 250 GTO was produced in many colors with ‘Rosso cina’ being the best bright red.
#2: Bugatti La Voiture Noire:
The beast is unleashed. The car was priced the most expensive and most luxurious in 2020 priced at $18.68 million. Bugatti plans out two custom made cars every year.
- The Bugatti La Voiture will only be built as a single unit and won’t be ready for the user for at least two and a half years. That is a long queue.
- Currently, the car is only owned by none other than Christiano Ronaldo who also owns Bugatti Chiron( again one of the most expensive cars)
- La Voiture has an engine of 8.0L Quad Turbocharged W16 along with the transmission of 7-Speed Dual-Clutch.
- Horsepower 1,500 hp and best in class Torque of 1,180 lb-ft.
- This luxury can go from 0 to 60 mph in under 3 seconds which would mean 1/4th of a mile in less than a second with a top speed to be decided.
#3: Rolls Royce Sweptails:
This is that luxury car which most of the world dreams of but cannot afford to buy.
- The price for the Rolls Royce sweptails stands at about $13 million.
- At the launch event of sweptails at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este event, the car was heavily priced at $12 million which made it the most expensive car in May 2017 at that time. Surely the newer cars might have taken over the price but the first position for quality and comfort is still held by Rolls Royce.
- The fastest this car can reach is a limit of 150 mph and still features the 6.75-liter twin-turbo W-12 engine producing 453 horsepower and 531 pound-feet of torque making it have swift speed from 0-60mph in just 5 seconds.
- And not everyone can buy this not because they cannot afford it but because they have to pass the criteria check done by Rolls Royce to make you the perfect fit. That is why not every car is Royce.
#4: Koenigsegg Ccxr Trevita:
Though released in 2006 the car still holds rank as one of the most expensive cars in the world.
- This luxury car is loaded with a 4.7 L V8 (twin-supercharged gasoline/ethanol) engine which is capable of producing 1004 horsepower and a mind-blowing top speed of 254mph.
- It has a 6-speed manual transmission with a 6-speed sequential transmission.
- The Ccxr Triveta is a limited edition Koenigsegg which features a diamond weave carbon finish.
- The trivet gets its name from a Swedish abbreviation that translates as ‘three whites’
- This hypercar is owned by the boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, only two cars were ever made of this model, amongst which one was owned by this boxing legend.
#5: Mercedes Benz by Maybach Exelero:
The Mercedes Benz Excelero is one of its kind and was built on the back of the same design offered by other models of Maybach.
- The twin-turbo V12 engine producing 690 horsepower (510 kilowatts) and 752 pound-feet (1,020 Newton-meters) of torque was also featured in Exelero which was included in previous models of Maybach.
- It is the largest luxury car and is priced at $8.8 million.
- The hip-hop rapper Jay-z currently owns a Maybach Exelero and also Birdman has one.
- The car attains a top speed of 350 km/hr with an unladen weight of 2.66 tons, it is swift as a breeze.
#6: Lamborghini Veneno Roadster:
Moving onto the section for sports luxury cars, clearly the Lambo Veneno Roadster has our hearts.
- Built-in 2013 it features a 6.5 L L539 V12 engine producing 740 hp.
- The absolute beauty was designed by Filippo Perini and Michele Tinazzo.
- Being a sports car it amazes us with a top speed of 221mph and accelerates from 0-162mph in just 2.6 seconds. Within a blink of an eye.
- The value for the car estimated is to be $5-6 million and is currently owned by a royal Saudi Arabian member.
#7: Bugatti Veyron Mansory Vivere:
Looking for luxury, look for a Bugatti. The company only knows how to provide pure luxury and nothing else. For what it’s worth, luxury is expensive and for this one, it is a price tag of $3.5 million.
- Bugatti Veyron is that car that started the trend of supercars. If you are talking about one Bugatti Veyron Mansory Vivere is just around the corner.
- A total of two of these models were only built and both of them featured an exquisite carbon fiber accented exterior with a black and white cabin.
- The Mansory Vivere features a 1200 horsepower engine which is quite powerful for a luxury car, to be honest.
- The engine is a quad-turbocharged W-16 with a petrol capacity of 8.0 liters.
- The top speed for this segment is 254 mph accelerating to 0-100 in just 7.3 seconds.
- The Vivere gets its name from the unique V design of the car which is a sight for the sore eyes.
- Tom Brady, an NFL player owns one so does Christiano Ronaldo, the best soccer player in the world.
#8: Lykan Hypersport:
Watched fast and furious? If yes this is the car that captured the eyes of people all around the world. The perfection defines itself in the name of W Motors’ Lykan Hypersport.
- This gorgeous evaluates itself at a sky-high price of $3.4 million and there is a reason for it. Lykam Hypersport features diamonds in headlights the first-ever car to do so making it one of the most expensive cars in the world.
- The blingy headlights are made from titanium blades engraved with 420 diamonds which weigh around 15 carats.
- Hypersport is powered by a twin-turbocharged flat-six engine by Ruf automobile with claims of producing a maximum power output of 780 horsepower at 7100 rpm.
- The Lykan Hypersport is owned by Ralph Debbas, the man behind fast and furious.
#9: Aston Martin AM-RB 001:
Aston Martin along with Red bull released a code-named car AM-RB 001 in 2018which is a result of an innovation partnership.
- Priced at $3.2 million the AM-RB 001 is one of the most expensive cars to have.
- Embedded with 6.5 liter Cosworth naturally-aspirated V12 engine that produces a 1000 hp and a top speed of 250 mph.
- It also features a mid-engine, two seats, and a 1:1 power to weight ratio.
- The company already had 350 potential customers in 2018 even before the time of its launch.
#10: Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio:
The Pininfarina Sergio was built by an Italian design house Pininfarina. The designs and cuts of the car have been made under the design of its predecessor Ferrari 458 spider.
- It is a Barchetta design with a two-door Barchetta and weighs approximately 1,280 kg.
- Sergio is priced at $2.8 million has a 370 cu in (6.0 L) AMG bi-turbo M158 V12 engine which is capable of producing 790 hp.
- The eye-opening top speed that this car can reach up to is 250 mp on the highest scale and produces an acceleration of 0-60 mph in a short span of 3 seconds.
- This car also competes for being one of the fastest cars in the world and is currently a ride to many well-known personalities.
These were our top picks for the most expensive cars and remember to drive safely.